Sunday, December 1, 2013

Rooftop Adventures

Last night RM took me to the Eclipse Rooftop Bar to meet up with his friend Antoine and to see the sunset.  I wore my new blue dress and mascara which I don't think I've worn the entire trip.  It was quite beautiful to see the city spread out below us.  I loved seeing the Tonle Sap river, the Olympic Stadium, all the lights and picking out places I knew...Wat Phnom, the Royal Palace...I also liked seeing the mountains that were far, far away.  

After Eclipse we tried (in vain) to go to Romdeng, an NGO run restaurant that is apparently closed on Sunday.  We went to their sister establishment instead - Friends The Restaurant.  I was looking foward to having a bite of a tarantula at Romdeng, but they weren't on the menu at Friends...instead, we had red fire ants on some beef.  It was quite yummy.  The whole meal was quite yummy.  We had the closest thing I've had to fried mozzerella with maranara sauce, the fire ants dish, a chicken dish, something I'm forgetting, creamy drinks (I had a coconut smoothy thing with a fancy name that I forget) and then we had three desserts.  Three!  Chili ice cream with carmel, chocolate cheese cake with mango and ice cream, and something that tasted almost exacly like frosted mini wheats.

So much good fellowship during the evening.  Of note was when we played the quiet game while waiting for our table.  I got a complete stranger to dance with me without saying a single word.

It's been a slow start today.  I'm across the street from the apartment having a tea and updating this.  I did some packing (you lucky people...I will be bringing back SO much booty) and will probably have to check two bags home.  Soon I will walk to the Russian market and perhaps I will get a massage.  We will see.  

Love you people.  I've just arranged for Sok to pick me up at nine for my last tuk tuk ride to the airport.  And then it will be all about airports for many, many hours.

No more pictures for the time being.  I have to save my charge on my phone.  Also, it might be until tonight, when I'm at the airport when you hear from me again.  I've had no luck with the WiFi at the apartment.

Love again,
Suzanne and Button Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment