Monday, December 2, 2013

Funny Misconception

So yesterday a mystery in my mind was solved.  When I first arrived in Phnom Penh, RM and Sok pointed out the National Monument to me.  It was beautiful and golden.  Over the next few days, I saw another monument exactly the same but a different color.  This one was brown.  In my mind, they were on two ends of the same long mall or park.  I kept trying to photograph them both togehter (you know...one big and one little) but I could never get an angle where I could see both.  In the day, I saw the brown one.  At night I saw the gold one.  You must remember, that tuk tukking does not allow for a lot of geographic understanding.  

If you've already solved the mystery, well, bully for you.  

There is only ONE National Monument.  It is gold at night and brown during the day.  I discovered this on my last evening here when I went into Parteatime and the monument was brown and I came out of Parteatime and the monument was gold.  

And all of a sudden, the city of Phnom Penh made geographic sense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment