Monday, December 2, 2013

Having a Partea

After my massage, I decided to head down towards dinner, which is conveniently located by Wat Botum Park, a place I wanted to explore anyway.

How did I get here? Well, not only can you hire a tuk tuk quite easily here...you can also hop on the back of a moto. So I did. It was faster and cheaper than a tuk tuk. And thrilling.

Got to the park and had SUCH a pleasant walk. Took pics of the Independence Monument, the Cambodian Vietnam Monument, and found the Phnom Penh Children's Park that I had read about but had yet to run across, despite being right here the other day. I saw a kid flying a kite with his dad. Very cute.

Also saw Wat Botum. I didn't go into any of the buildings... I just walked around, but it was cool. There were loads of young monks and lots of stupas and statues to look at.

I'm currently having Chocolate Milk Tea (heavenly) at a place called Parteatime. I always get treated like a duchess in the restaurants here. It will be hard to come home to normal life. I could do massages and chocolate milk tea everyday and not complain.

Okay, I'm pretty sure my next post will be from the airport.

Button Cat was with me this afternoon and was also highly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment