Saturday, November 30, 2013

Paradise

Today we took a boat trip to three islands with Romny Travel and Tour Services:  Koh Chrolosh, Koh Russei, and Koh Tres.  The first island we just jumped off the boat and snorkeled.  I saw schools of fish, black and white striped fish and rocks and some coral under the ocean.  Nothing was terribly colorful, but it was wonderful all the same.

Have I told you that the weather has been perfect in Sihanoukville?

I jumped off the very top of the boat and did lots of swimming at the first island.

At the second island (not sure which one above, but it is also known as Bamboo Island) we had margaritas with cane sugar (lost count of how many), cokes in bottles, lunch, and watched volleyball being played in a beautiful pool of water.  I built a sand castle.  We walked across the island along a jungle path and swam on the very hardly inhabited other side of the island.  

The only thing on this island was a bar, beach chairs, some bungalows that you can rent for 3 bucks a night and chickens.  That's it.  Also paradise.  Did I mention paradise?

We spent about three hours on the second island.

I gave all our stuff to RM and instead of taking the little boat to the big boat, I swam out to it.  It was delightful.  I beat the little boat there.   

On the third island, we did some more snorkeling and I dove off the side of the boat maybe 20 times.  So much sun and swimming and diving.  One of the guides caught a fish off the side of the boat and they cooked it over hot coals right on the boat and we all had a bite.  There was also squid.  I actually just had a bite of the squid and not the fish.  

We were right on schedule all day and now we are back at the hotel having some mixed shakes and waiting for Mekong Bus Express to take us back to Phnom Pehn.  

Tomorrow is the Book Festival.  It will be my last full day in Cambodia.

Today?  Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment