Sunday, November 24, 2013

Last Morning in Siem Reap

This was our last morning in Siem Reap.  We took it very easy.  My legs are feeling all the climbing we did yesterday, but it feels great, since I haven't been able to run much since the marathon.  I'm still glad that I decided not to do the half, but I feel that once I get home, I'll be able to get back onto a normal running schedule.  So, we had breakfast here and then I had a nice swim in the pool and read some.  I'm reading a book called "Voices from S-21:  Terror and History in Pol Pot's Secret Prison" by David Chandler.  I'm going to be visiting Tuol Sleng (S-21) when we get back to Phnom Penh so I want to be prepared.  Some of the more chilling aspects of this trip will be occuring in the next couple of days.  We are flying back to Phnom Penh in a bit...we will have our last Siem Reap tuk tuk ride in just a few, but it certainly won't be the last of the trip.  Take care all.  I hear it's cold in Indy!

No comments:

Post a Comment